Friday, May 28, 2010

why Lei wants to do ballet


it was my dream as a kid to become a ballerina but my mom didnt seem to like the idea. she didnt enrol me along with my childhood friends in a ballet class when i was four or five. i nearly died in envy because i really love the outfit and the graceful moves of ballet.

maybe fate has another plan for me. i didnt totally give it up though. i learned doing the split by myself when i was nine or ten. but it still wasnt enough for me to dance ballet. back in college, i realized i need to learn the basics in french such as Plié, Pirouette, and Jeté. yes, i did enroll for a ballet class as my college PE. i enjoyed the first three or four sessions up to the part where Arabesque was taught. but i had to drop it because my mother insisted. i dunno what she has against ballet dancing. now that i no longer live with her, i decided to pursue my long time dream to become a ballerina. i dont think it's too late for me for i still am as flexible as i was when i was four.

[picture above is Veronica Tennant, a Prima Ballerina, National Ballet of Canada. taken from http://artsalive.ca/en/dan/meet/bios/artistDetail.asp?artistID=138]

3 comments:

  1. hi lance, yes, im planning to enrol in one of the adult classes in the near future. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, nice rhyme lance :)

    ReplyDelete